Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vintage earring extravaganza

I used to buy vintage lots and ended up with many clip earrings I didn't know what to do with. Lately I am brimming with fun ideas for how to use all those clips I thankfully held onto..... now I even go looking for these beautiful vintage earrings to create some wonderful vintage re-creations.





Here are some earrings I recently bought up at a flea market.................









Here are some treasures from e-bay.....................








I turned these into posts after seeing my daughter paid an outrageous price for a pair at Anthropologie that look familiar (and aren't even the real vintage!)...........




I put this fun colored clip earring onto a sterling back to make a pendant....................


A few discarded clip earrings can combine to make a one of a kind bracelet..............








And a few can make a statement necklace "pop"!




Just loving all the possibilities!



9 comments:

  1. What great finds! I am going on Ebay now to shop. lol I also need a flea market fix. When it gets warmer I want to go to Rice's in Lahaska. The earrings you got are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your creations!
    And yes, Anthro really does get away with robbery sometimes. Your stuff is way better!

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see those older pieces repurposed. Beautiful! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What yummy finds! Isn't it great to ponder the possiblities! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that blue pendant! My roommate's Nordstrom catalog claims blue accessories are big for spring!

    And I had a gift card for the anthro earrings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE them all!!! I'm so gaga over vintage bits...Those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant idea!!! I have tons of vintage clip-ons that I wear all the time. They're so much fun and I feel good knowing they're the "real vintage" thing! Can't wait to see all the things you come up with! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bowl filled with the earrings is so inspiring in itself...and the pieces you made are beautiful...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see your new creations! Noreen

    ReplyDelete