Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Let the renovations begin!

I talked the fam into helping me get organized in my studio which is a lovely sunporch off the back of our house. I had painted the walls a warm yellow (after lots of trials finding the right color) and had plantation shutters installed but kind of quit the re-model after that.....until now!


I am painting some of the old oak furniture white, updating the shelves, touching up the paint and (boo hoo) getting rid of some toys and games my kids have outgrown in favor of some of my favorite things.


And trash to treasure (or junk to junque) will add some whimsy to the new look (I hope)!

Hmmmmm, a little droopy maybe?


But why do these projects take a half hour on HGTV and we are into day 5 and well, let's just say we seem to hit some roadblocks. (I did not expect the door to fall off the hinges of the old pie safe, so now before painting it we need to repair it.) Also, since all the furniture is out, all the beads and jewels re-located, what better time than to have the floor tiled? I just can't stop,hehe. But it will be done and soon I will have a studio that is a dream to work in! Hooray for Do it Yourselfers! It's always worth it.





2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person! You would do HGTV proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I also think your wire dressform is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete