Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Falling in line

Today Mark and I made our almost daily trek to to the farm stand near us to get some fresh produce. Corn was down to $2.00 a dozen because it was yesterday's corn! It tasted as fresh as I have ever had it! What do you think we are getting at the grocery store? Hmmmm..... But then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted it, and Mark did , too. A pumpkin! We all know what that means! *sigh*

Then I got to the mailbox. Crammed full of mail and catalogs (fall ones, I might add) was my big fat fall issue of InStyle! I was suddenly feeling a little better about school starting, crisp days, sweaters, jeans, and oh so cool accessories. I devoured it on the spot (comforting Mark with the thought that he does have a fall birthday after all).

Then, I saw them...everywhere....multi-strand "vintage-look" necklaces! Not at all unlike what's hot at Gales Designs....only each one of mine is unique and made from real vintage parts! I have been creating lots of different styles and the hardest part is having to sell them. But then I have a good excuse to get out and comb the flea markets for more treasure, right?

Here's a peek at a few of them.............



Silver, pearl and crystal on a silk ribbon.....




gold pearls and chain with a removable clip............



Lots of baubles and a chain for a modern flair.....................



Art deco rhinestone pendant on pearl and crystal with silk ribbon................




gold chains with crystal and topaz strand.................


gold chain and glass beads with flower embellishment......
Check out Elements of Style to see what is hot for fall....look how the necklaces complement the rest of the looks for fall, and head on over to Etsy to get your original pieces!





3 comments:

  1. I love the setting you used for your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice are you on the cape
    http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete