Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!



I am busy getting ready for the beach this weekend! Lots of prep goes into a weekend away! Watch for some fun posts as the cousins get to hang out and three generations of family enjoy some quality time together. I see the Rummikub, Scrabble and multiple packs of cards are sitting on the "to-go" pile! Watch out, Karen. Michael hasn't forgiven you for beating him in Old Maids 18 years ago!


I got the new Weight Watchers magazine and hope to try out the beach workout. I have struggled to keep at the diet and exercise with the summer routine getting in the way! (I know excuses, excuses). I have high hopes going into this but when it comes right down to doing it, well that is another story....margaritas might be the only exertion for me on the beach this weekend! I am counting on my sister Karen, who is much more disciplined (and obviously more competitive in the games department) than myself to keep me on track! Stay tuned!

I have a few good books packed....I am loving Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos. I have my book club book to finish (Year of Wonders by Geraldine March) and might try to see what Twilight is all about!

Be happy and safe this weekend and hope you get to enjoy a little break with family, too. And if you are an ex (almost) sun worshipper like myself be sure to bring the sunscreen!

And congrats to Debbie from Reading, PA, who won the free pair of earrings! Look for another giveaway soon and thanks to all who entered! Join me on Facebook (become a fan at Gales Designs) where I will put lots of new pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment