Monday, June 29, 2009

Thanks for the iPod!


OK. I said that I would become more tech-savvy following New Year's, but I truly didn't know where to begin. My kids got me an iPod for Mother's Day and I honestly had no idea what to do with it. Lucky for me, Kristin and Mark loaded a wide variety of songs onto the iPod and showed me how to turn it on. At first, I was even confused with the on/off switch. I made Kristin charge the battery before heading to Spain. Although she MADE me watch her do it, I am worried about the day that the battery needs to be recharged. I have used the iPod a lot and appreciate this gift from my kids.


My next problem: tuning into the music and tuning out the rest of the world. The problem is that I walk around our neighborhood almost every day. Luckily this is a residential area, so I do not encounter very much traffic. Today I literally had to apologize to three walkers/runners because I almost bumped into them. I better pay less attention to what I may be stepping on and keep an eye out for who I may be stepping into.


That brings me to my first successful experience with the digital camera. I will admit that until yesterday, I had no idea what a card reader was but (woohoo!) I took this picture and even uploaded it by myself. I must admit that I followed Charlie's verbal commands through part of the procedure, but hey, I'm getting there.


I love these newfound skills and am almost ready for the 21st century. So, watch out world! I might be the iPod-listening photographer bumping into you!

No comments:

Post a Comment