Friday, June 5, 2009

New Project: Vintage Bracelets


At Gales Designs, I'm making old new again. These bracelets are made using vintage jewelry parts. People have given me their grandmother's old earrings to make their own customized bracelets with a great family history as well, and I've gone to flea markets and antique shows to collect old pieces to re-make.

I love thinking that the pieces I use had a life and a history before I ever saw them. What kind of stories could they tell? Each one is completely different, although they're a bit fragile due to their construction and age.

I've used all colors to make these bracelets--pastels have been big this summer, but black and white are also popular. They're a conversation piece when you're wearing one, and you'll never have to worry about someone else wearing the same one!



Photos are, again, the fabulous work of Beth Cardwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment